Monday, October 15, 2012

Cake Decorating

For Christmas last year, I bought for myself and for one of my best friends the registration for Wilton's Cake Decorating Course for Beginners. I did not take any pictures of the first week, where we decorated cookies, but I did take pictures from week 2.

In week 2, you learn how to transfer a pattern onto a cake using parchment paper and and piping gel. The assignment for this week is to decorate a cake, using one of the patters that are in your cake kit. I chose to make the "cupcake cake". Personally, for a first attempt, I think it turned out pretty good!



When making my cake for week 2 of the course, I did not stack the cakes, which meant I had another cake sitting at home waiting to be decorated. Now, I can be a bit of a keener, so I decided to decorate the other cake that night. I went on the Wilton website and found a cute little Zebra, which was for a cake or cookies (to be Zebra shaped) which I adapted to practice my newfound skills. He is pretty cute if I do say so myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment